Sunday, May 29, 2011

The Big 28!

I sound like I'm a little bit sad that I am 28 know. That is quiet the contrary. It was a nice day filled with family. All I wanted was to spend some time with my family and that is what I got. It was a great day.

Yesterday at lunch I told Henry that there was going to be a birthday tomorrow. He then replied 'who is the party going to be for then Mom?' to which I pointed to myself. He looked at me as you could see the wheels turning, and then he got it, and replied 'It's going to be your birthday Mom!' To which I told him yes. All day he kept on talking about the party tomorrow.


After supper I asked him if he wanted to help me make a cake. He was all over that one. He sat on the island and help me crack the eggs and then I gave him the job of being in charge and telling Mommy how to make the cake. I gave him the box for the directions to which he looked at and told me how to make the cake. If I do say so he was so good at it. He told me that we need to make the cake with eggs, and oil. Then we would mix and mix and mix it until we put it in the pan. So right before bed I told him that when he wakes up in the morning he has to come find Mommy and he need to tell me Happy Birthday and give a great big kiss and hug, and tell me that he loves me. Well I thought okay maybe he will remember, but come on he is 3 year old that was also very excited that his cousins were in town and staying over for a sleep over. He had no chance that he would remember.


Well much to my amazement, after he got up I was on my way downstairs to get breakfast ready and he came running down saying "Mom I have to tell you a question, Happy Birthday!!" He then gave me a great big hug and a kiss and said "I love you!!" I would have to say that was the best birthday gift I have received in a long time. Oh the innocence of young children.


Well the rest of my day was great. Bring it on getting old, I'm loving it (My kids getting older and all the fun stuff that comes with it and also getting wiser with age).

No comments: